As of 16 April 2020 any South Australian who has a fever, respiratory symptoms, unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste or other clinical symptoms consistent with COVID-19, no matter how mild, is encouraged to attend a COVID-19 clinic or their GP, for assessment and testing.
The Australian Government Department of Health has provided a range of advice to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in the Australian community, and help protect vulnerable people.
On Wednesday 18 March the Prime Minister announced that from May 1, those who have not been vaccinated against the 2020 seasonal influenza should not be permitted to enter a Residential Care home. This includes staff and visitors.
Please note that evidence of vaccination will need to be brought into the home and evidenced at sign in to gain entry.
- covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- washing your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating, after going to the toilet and after touching communal surfaces or items such as furniture
- cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets (and supermarket trolley handles if possible)
- to avoid touching your face
- keeping a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people whenever possible
- avoidance of handshaking, kissing, hugging and other physical greetings
- avoiding mass gatherings anf events where possible
Travel restrictions & self isolation
- All interstate travellers must complete a cross border pre-approval form at least 72 hours prior to arrival into South Australia. The Cross Border Travel Registration should speed up the border crossing process, provide certainty for people who want to enter SA and will be assessed to determine whether you are required to self quarantine for 14 days or able to travel without restriction. For more information click here
- if you are unwell, contact your GP for medical advice. Avoid any contact with your neighbours and do not attend community events or activities
- if you are in self-isolation for any reason, inform us so that we can help to support you during this time
We are asking all of our clients and residents to notify us if they meet any of the current travel restriction criteria, or are in self-isolation for any reason by calling 1800 852 772.