All our services are subsidised by the Australian Government and vary according to which service or program is being used.

Fees do apply, but can be negotiated on an individual basis. We understand that not everyone can pay the full fee, so we have financial hardship policies and fee reductions can be negotiated if necessary. No one will be refused services based on financial grounds.

There are a range of available funding methods available.

Private Services

Some of our clients choose to pay privately for services and attend as they would like.

Funded through your Home Care Package

If you have had an ACAT Assessment and have been allocated a Home Care Package, if you would like to utilise funding to provide respite services this can be organized within your HCP budget. If you have a level 1 or 2 HCP and all funds are utilised you may also be eligible for CHSP funding as per below.

Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP)  

We can assist you to make a referral to My Aged Care to receive subsidised funding for Respite services. Please call 1800 852 772 prior to assessment if you would like to receive this subsidy. A referral is required prior to commencing services, this generally takes around 2-3 weeks depending on urgency.

With a CHSP referral, the My Aged Care contact centre staff will complete a screening over the phone and refer you to a Regional Assessment Service (RAS). A RAS assessor will contact you to coordinate a time to come to your home to complete a comprehensive assessment and refer you to the services you require. You can specify Southern Cross Care as the service provider of choice.

If you have urgent health needs and services cannot be delayed, please specify this upon calling and in some circumstances we can liaise within the team to provide services prior to this referral being received if assessed as appropriate as per Department of Health regulations.

If you choose not to have a home assessment, the RAS assessor can refer you to service over the phone, however the preference is to have a home assessment, ensuring all needs are assessed and met.

If you have reduced hearing or are worried about understanding the assessor over the phone we can specify on the referral that you prefer a home assessment allowing for a family / friend / advocate to be present if you would like.