The Internal Grants Program is the heart of the Southern Cross Care Community Foundation – turning fundraising revenue into real-world outcomes that improve the lives of people in our community.
Through the program, we seek to provide opportunities for creative and innovative projects to support people in our community to be Better for life - free from loneliness and isolation.
We are proud to announce the Internal Grant Recipients for 2020!
- Various Sites, Montessori Sensory Kits - empower people with dementia to engage in meaningful activity that improves quality of life
- Bellevue Court, Technology Tablets - interactive tool that can be used to play games, puzzles listen to music clips and access internet information
- McCracken, Pines/Bucklands, Moove and Groove – music program which encourages physical activity, facilitates social connections and promotes psychological wellbeing
- Multi-site, Virtual Reality – engaging clients and residents through virtual headset technology
- Sandpiper Lodge, Outdoor games – an expansion of the Sandpiper Games (an exercise program run on site weekly), allowing residents to utilise outdoor areas
- Sandpiper Lodge, Physiotherapy Steps – exercise equipment to improve functional strength so residents can participate in activities which connect them with the community
- All Residential Care sites, PainCheck – supporting a project in which an App is used to accurately assesses pain for residents living with dementia. Improved pain detection and management is likely to improve quality of life - particularly in physical and social wellbeing
- Community Health & Wellness, Chronic Disease Self Management – This program will give clients the skills to improve their health, relationships, identity and self-worth so they can live their life to the fullest
Thank you to all of the communities which submitted applications.